Blog 15: Places that bring back memories

When I think of places that are important to me, I think of Newark Airport. I’ve been there so many times. The atmosphere leaves me with feelings of excitement and sadness. The suitcases lined up at the doors, the taxis and limos waiting for passengers. Families waiting for loved ones, people crying saying goodbye to each other, tears, joy, fear, hope, anxiety, are all found at the airport.

It’s the place where I’ve shed many tears. I remember holding on to my aunt and hugging her tightly as I said farewell to her. I didn’t know when the next time would be that I would see her. I was about twelve years old. She was and still is my only aunt in America. She is my father’s only sibling in this country. She lived in Chicago at the time. I guess Newark Airport

I have many memories there….I don’t know where to start.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Union Highschool- highschool says it all. So many memories...growing up...depression, coming of age
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mc Laughlin Funeral Home- I went there last summer because of my exboyfriend's father passed away.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bethany Assemblies of God Church, St. Paul's Lutheran church & Calvary Church of the Deaf = these three buildings are where my former congregation used to hold their church services..I spent every weekend there for many years...

1 comments:

  1. I like the airport memory. I myself just like going to the airport and watching the people go on and off the planes. I like when the greet their family members or when the say good-bye. I like your story.


    sue